Sunday, December 10, 2006

putting it all together


I've been finishing up my portfolio this week - deciding what stays and what goes. These drawings were from my freehand and perspective drawing class for a residential project. That was over two years ago and now I'm down to less than two weeks until graduation. Time has truly flown by.

But even though it's nearly here, it still seems an eternity and many, many hours at the computer and at school away in order to finish up our final team project. It's going well; there's just an awful lot to finish. Poor Kimbo, she's been sorely neglected.

Needless to say, I've been too busy to blog, too busy to think of anything interesting to say - even too busy to read my favorite blogs - which is oh so frustrating! Looking forward to being a free woman again ;)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there, babe. Remember the New England Journal of Medicine report - paying attention to your dog can reduce stress by 30% and extend your life by up to 3 days for each time you kiss your dog on the lips.

10:33 AM  
Blogger heather lorin said...

Interesting idea BHOTW - did the study mention the cost/benefit to the life (and/or quality of life) of the dog? Kimbo would take it ('cause she's a people pleasing peacemaker) but we both know she wouldn't like it ;)

11:10 AM  
Blogger suzanne cabrera said...

Wowee! Your perspective is beauuutiful!

I can completely relate with how you feel....that the work will never end, that the end is close yet so far away, and that you are being a neglectful parent to a very sweet canine. I wish you the best and the strength to get through it all. You're almost there!

3:15 PM  
Blogger heather lorin said...

Thanks Suzanne!

4:21 PM  
Blogger andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

My God! This is amazing. How on earth have you done the one in the bottom left hand corner? Amazing!

6:00 PM  
Blogger heather lorin said...

Thanks Andrea! The rendered drawings were done with prismacolor marker on vellum. I think I used the entire range of Cool Grays on the one at the bottom left.

It was my first attempt at the marker on vellum technique and I had a moment of panic when the marker streaked - I grabbed a tissue and used that to smooth things out as I went. I was really happy with the final results - it's now my favorite technique.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home