Saturday, October 28, 2006

suburban dictionary

Kelly Headband [kel-ee hed-band] –noun, plural -s, Slang.
SUV-driving mom

When I heard this nickname from one of my neighbors I had to laugh. We have a private school in our neighborhood and every morning and afternoon are subjected to a long line of SUVs dropping off and picking up kids, often making U-turns illegally in the middle of the street, barely missing pedestrians and other cars as they jockey for position in line. In this classic old Tampa neighborhood with an average 3.07 people per family, fully-paved streets and no off-roading opportunities, I think that’s just a wee bit of overkill, don’t you?

2 Comments:

Blogger suzanne cabrera said...

This makes me laugh.

10:11 PM  
Blogger suttonhoo said...

lol. in chicago we have trixies -- I suspect these are the girls who grow into kelly headbands once they find their frat boy loves.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home