Tuesday, November 28, 2006

gang in the 'hood

I’m not one to have total down time very often. If I’m not actually physically on the go, my brain is on the go for me – making lists, analyzing everything, planning for the future. So on those rare occasions when I am able to take a mental break it’s a much needed respite. Well tonight was one of those nights and I just want to officially thank the members of the South Tampa Porch Society (STPS) for helping me make it happen.

The “Steppers”, as they’re known (ok I just made that up, but it’s kinda catchy isn’t it, or wait, does it just sound like a group of addicts? Hmmm, maybe I should rethink that. But I digress. OK where was I? Oh right, as I was saying before this parenthetical interruption, The "Steppers"...), consist of a core of two couples - we’ll call them JP and JS – on one of my favorite corners in the neighborhood (the same place Kimbo and I have our morning confabs with the cats). The Steppers are all funny and smart (witness the brilliance of Kelly Headband) and there’s an easy and welcoming camaraderie between them that draws you in.

And on beautiful nights like tonight when the stars align and we all happen to meet up on the corner at the same time, an impromptu gathering will occur where drinks and words flow freely (no question is too personal), the worries of the day fade from memory and Kimbo gets to spend quality time with her feline friends. I’m still smiling.

Oh, and for future reference, John (1/2 JP), I like my donuts with chocolate sprinkles.

4 Comments:

Blogger suttonhoo said...

mmmmm -- sounds like a lovely evening.

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hanging on the porch sounds pretty sweet right now. Good company, dawgs, and aggressively friendly cats - great life!!

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...of course, I'm just happy when I find a wrinkle in our security protocols (aka "father").

5:06 AM  
Blogger heather lorin said...

woo hoo - comments from the bhotw are back!

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home