Tuesday, February 06, 2007

creative ties


This weekend I checked out Crafting Out Loud, "Tampa's original urban craft fair" at the Viva la Frida Cafe y Galeria. It was a tight squeeze but I managed to fight my way to the back corner and score a very cool bag made from vintage neck ties. The bags are made with great attention to detail by Orel Edry of One Off Designs.

Of course, you know I'm not one to be swayed entirely by looks; a bag has to function to be worthwhile in my book. The four generously-sized pockets made from sturdy fabric with a vintage feel keep everything tidy and accessible. Just as it should be.

3 Comments:

Blogger suttonhoo said...

funkalicious.

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clever bag. I love the idea of the ties. Which reminds me, my purse is made out of seatbelts. You may have heard of www.seatbeltbags.com. Practical and sturdy -- it will probably survive a nuclear explosion. :-)

9:29 PM  
Blogger heather lorin said...

I've seen those seatbelt bags - very cool. Kind of heavy aren't they? But I guess that's what makes them so indestructable!

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home