Friday, February 09, 2007

six weird things

I was tagged by Suzanne to come up with six weird things about myself. The difficult part in this of course is selecting the six items that are weird enough but not so weird as to make people write me off as a total fruitcake ;) So in that spirit, here we go:

  1. I can write legibly forwards and backwards with both my left and right hands.
  2. In high school, my friend Sharon and I used to fake monumental arguments at the lunch table just for sport. The fact that people thought we were serious made it all the more entertaining for us.
  3. When I was a kid, I was a closet reader - literally. My bookcase was in a small well-lit closet and I would sit in there for hours looking through my books and rereading my favorites.
  4. As an adult, I have been mistaken for a teenage boy on more than one occasion - usually, but not always, when I've had short hair and was wearing no makeup - the curse of being a tall girl with a boyish figure I suspect.
  5. I still have my braces in a little plastic container that my orthodontist gave me. I keep the tiny metal torture devices, bits of cement still clinging tenaciously, in my childhood jewelry box. I hesitate to explore the psychological implications of that one.
  6. I used to have no feeling whatsoever on a 1" square area just above the inside of my right ankle after I was cleated during a soccer match when I was 11. Now I can feel my fingernail if I press in really, really hard.

So now you know some of the sordid truths about me. Suttonhoo and litwit, you can consider yourself officially tagged. In the meantime, I'm going to think some more about getting rid of those braces ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger suttonhoo said...

uh oh.

(love yours. little freaked out about coming up with mine.) ;)

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whew. I'll work on it. There's *nothing* weird about me.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home