Tuesday, August 22, 2006

latest addition

So, I stopped by Nordstrom yesterday to check out the ballet flats (no luck) and figured while I was there I’d see what was happening in the clearance bin over in handbags.

A quick dig through the leftovers yielded nothing of interest but then I spied the fall collection of bags by Orla Kiely on a nearby rack. Did I mention that I’ve been salivating over her fun print totes and purses since I first saw them last summer?

Well yesterday I finally found my perfect color / pattern / style combo! Love, love the grey, blue and khaki – subtle and so versatile – and the pattern is not overwhelming.

Other things that drew me to this bag in particular:

  • rubber feet
  • holds its shape
  • can be wiped clean (basically impervious to daily rain and grime)
  • adjustable strap (over the shoulder to cross body)
  • room for all my usual stuff plus a notebook / sketchpad
  • not too big / not too small, and
  • last but not least, fabulous organization!


Yeah, I realize I have a *slight* obsession, but given my current lack of time for extracurricular activities of any kind, blowing my monthly fun money on handbags feels good and is pretty low on the list of possible vices. Besides, eventually my closet will run out of space and that means my friends and family get first dibs on the bags that don’t make the cut. I like to think of it as a win-win situation.

4 Comments:

Blogger suzanne cabrera said...

Beautiful bag....that organization factor gets me every time!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a fabulous bag!

2:30 PM  
Blogger suttonhoo said...

oooo -- lovely. and so beautifully organized. ;)

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh lovely! I love lots of pockets too =) Even though they just get filled up with crap, lol.

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home