Sunday, August 20, 2006

coffee break: Virginia home cookin'

For me, a visit back home to Virginia is not complete without a stop at Whitley’s Peanuts. They’ve been in business for 20 years and my family has been devouring their “home cooked” Virginia peanuts for just about as long.

I LOVE the butter toffee and chocolate covered peanuts but I’m addicted to the super extra large salted variety which have a perfect amount of fresh and savory crispiness. Once you’ve had Whitley’s, all other nuts will pale in comparison. Seriously. Check ‘em out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have a Whitley's tale. There I was, minding my own business in sunny Baghdad, when I received a case - that's 30 lbs - of canned, boiled Whitley's peanuts.

A generous gift to the troops overseas. Having never had boiled peanuts, I was slightly hesitant. However, I can recommend them without hesitation - especially warmed slightly (I leave them in the sun - when it gets over 110 outside they are ready).

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home