Tuesday, August 01, 2006

favorite place


di ceramica
Originally uploaded by true nature.

My husband and I spent a few unforgettable years living in Italy and are often asked by friends for recommendations for places to go. At the top of my list is the small medieval town of San Gimignano. When we last visited, there were few tourists so we were able to spend a quiet afternoon roaming the city.

For a great description of what it's like to wander those streets, head over to Jenny Vorwaller's blog, True Nature, and read her posts from her month long painting sabbatical in Italy with her mother.

I hesitate to bring this up but on the off-chance that you go and happen to run across a sign for the Medieval Torture Museum and decide to check it out, do so on an empty stomach and steel yourself. I'm usually pretty unflappable, but this one got to me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(hehehe i skipped the torture musuem, but peeked inside:)

thank you so much for the mention! :)

3:44 PM  
Blogger heather lorin said...

You were smart to skip it ;)

10:18 PM  
Blogger suttonhoo said...

will pass on the torture museum. made the mistake of hitting the forensics museum in bangkok once upon a time -- that was enough to scare me straight.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home