Wednesday, July 19, 2006

art of the handbag

I have two great loves: fiber arts and bags. So you can imagine how excited I was to come across the yahoo group AGirlCanNeverHaveTooManyHandbags, a forum for people who “make, buy, collect or just plain love handbags”.

The group is led by Prudence Mapstone, an Australian fiber artist known for her freeform designs. Attending one of her classes, preferably in Australia, is at the top of my workshop wish list.

You can check out some of the group’s creative handiwork at their virtual exhibit. My "felted hipster pursette" is featured in the March 2006 show.

5 Comments:

Blogger suttonhoo said...

er -- I think you mean *three* great loves -- "travel" is missing from that list. ;)

9:42 AM  
Blogger heather lorin said...

Actually, you can make that *five* because I also forgot to add "design" and "photography". That's what happens when you try to put yourself in a box. :)

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Out of curiosity, is "husband" in that list anywhere? bhotw

4:36 AM  
Blogger heather lorin said...

mr. *anonymous*, husband was not included on the list because the extraordinary bond between us cannot be sufficiently conveyed by mere words ;)

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean I outrank textile art (to include handbags)? Sweet!!

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home